- The NWCF has a new fundraiser – That Pottery Thing… with two ways to participate: through our online auction and our live, closing night webinar.
- The on-line auction includes beautiful ceramic works of art donated by BC’s terrific ceramists. The auction site is NOW OPEN.
- The live portion of That Pottery Thing… will take place on September 30th, 2021, from 6:30 to 8 pm via webinar. Our host for the evening will be the ever-gracious Sheryl MacKay of CBC North by Northwest fame.
- Please note, the public, in-person event has been cancelled due to health concerns.
The live webinar event will include:
Presentations featuring short talks and videos about our various charitable projects including bursaries, scholarships, ceramics at MOA, the Speaker Series, and the NWCF MW Award of Excellence. All funds raised support these important projects.
- A display of beautiful ceramics available through the on-line auction.
- A special display honouring Jinny Whitehead’s contribution to BC ceramics.
- The highlight of the evening will be the awarding of the NWCF Mayer Wosk Award of Excellence, presented to an outstanding BC ceramist.
- All this will be broadcast through a live zoom available free to the public. Register for the zoom at Webinar Registration – Zoom
- A catalogue of auction items on offer is online. Bidding opens September 1. Registering is free, but participants must register to bid. To register, go to: https://auction.nwcf.ca/my-account/
- Group-Zoom-Parties will be eligible for a door prize. Let us know about your party.
- Any questions, please email Debra Sloan at email@example.com
How will I get my item if I win??
The NWCF has arranged for pick-up locations in Vancouver and Burnaby, limited delivery in the GVR, and shipping within three days at the buyer’s expense. Details will be given to all winning bidders.
The NWCF sends a big shout-out and thank you to Galleries West, the digital source of timely information about art and artists in the West and North. Galleries West has helped publicize our auction.
We would also like to thank Holly Truchan and Roger Mahler of the Mayer Studio for providing support and space for our auction webinar to take place.