The North-West Ceramics Foundation was incorporated in 1993 to assist the Potters Guild of BC in sustaining its educational mandate, but it has subsequently developed an independent agenda. Consisting of up to eleven Board members, the NWCF works in close collaboration with numerous educational organizations in British Columbia.
The agenda of the NWCF is to foster public education in the ceramic arts.
The NWCF has supported and continues to support a number of scholarships and awards:
- Lottery for Pottery (1995-1998)
- Potters Guild of BC Bursary
- Jumpstart Awards (1995-2007)
- Emily Carr Endowment Fund NWCF Scholarship
- Maureen Wright Bursary
- The North-West Ceramics Foundation Mayer Wosk Award of Excellence